Monday 24 October 2011

Walking the plank

A very simple page using up some odd pieces of paper.  I was going to crop the photo and cut out my Mum and the tea pot on the patio but decided against it.  It's just a nice reminder of when things were all okay.


There is journalling on the back of the bingo card basically saying that Chris and Stephen were trying to get the duck to walk up the plank and get into his new pond.  They were enticing him with some lettuce in the bowl.  If you click on the layout it should go bigger and you might see the detail better.

11 comments:

Karen said...

That's lovely Susi and so nice that you left it with with your mum in - it will be a nice reminder in years to come. I love the blocks of pp, so effective xxx

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love your layout & the way you've used the patterned papers & then the buttons to balance it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome layout. I love the placement of your photo!

Unknown said...

A photo full of memories, good job you said about the duck, I couldn't see it at first :)

I like the dotty paper xx Jen

Maria said...

I had to go back again to see the duck but liked that your mum is in it too. Is Stephen your godson?

MiniOwner said...

I'm loving these pages, Susi. And, of course, the buttons are fab. :o)
Sue x

Alison said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I love the LOs you've created during PPP
Alison xx

Laura said...

I'm loving these pretty paper layouts. The blocks of paper is such a simple, yet effective, way to use up off cuts.

Leaving your mum in was a good idea.

Lauren said...

One of the things I love about "old" photos is that they typically include a lot of background which give you hints into the lives of those photographed. With today's cropping and focusing we miss a lot of that and so I love seeing photos like this...

humel said...

Oh, it's lovely! What a cute photo :) Love the patterned paper strips x

scrappyjacky said...

Love how these colours work together