Sunday 13 June 2010

Maria's birthday card


This card was made for my friend Maria over on UKs.  She likes Tim Holtz/grungy type cards so that was my theme.  I was really pleased with the finished result until I went to put it in the envelope when I decided it wasn't right.  However, as it's got to go to France, it was too late to alter it. 
I originally made the roses out of grunge paper but they were a) too thick and b) too smelly (grunge paper really stinks actually), so I've just used thin card, coloured with distress inks and when the roses were assembled, I put a touch of glitter glue on the petals.
The roses are still very dimensional so I had to use a padded envleope to send it in.

1 comment:

Maria said...

This picture SO doesnt do it justice. It is the best card I have ever seen, never mind been sent. Susi I adore it and i cant believe the trouble you have gone to to make it for me. I love it.