Monday 28 January 2013

Breakfast by request

This week it's my team, the Bijoux Belles turn to set the weekly challenge on UKs and as usual, we honour one of our teamies and this time it was the turn of Chris, who is the newest member of the BBs.

Here is the challenge:

Chris is a keen traveller and we’d like you to use a holiday theme for your page. She is one amazing cook, so please include something food/cooking related. Chris has a January birthday with garnet as her birthstone so please use some bling and/or something red in colour. Finally, Chris says she finds journalling a challenge, so please do a fair amount on your page.

In summary …

For 10 points – a holiday theme - a vacation type holiday or a festive holiday such as Easter, Christmas, etc
For 10 points - something food or cooking related
For 5 points - bling or something red ... or both if you like
For 5 points - lots of journalling (hidden is fine)

This is my page:


On Christmas day, Holly had to work a 7 hour shift starting at 830 a.m.  I realise lots of people have to work over Christmas but it was a first for anyone in our family so I wanted to make a special breakfast for her.  She asked for Christmas morning muffins so I was up at 7, baking:)



I've used snowflakes because our place mats had snowflakes on them and the presents represent the gift on the photo.  Holly wanted us to open one present before she had to leave - we were allowed to chose which parcel she had from under the tree.  I thought it would be nice if she opened her Ugg boots so she could wear them to work!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww lovely, I love this layout, but I really loved hearing the details behind it as well. Aren't you nice baking for her early :) xxx

Alison Roots said...

Thanks for the story behind the layout, that is the best part of it for me, thanks for that bit as well as showing the beautiful layout.

My not so simple life said...

love hearing the stories behind layouts :) Love the snowflakes

Alana said...

Aww, what a great mum you are:) Love the snowflakes and parcels on your layout.

MiniOwner said...

Yes I enjoy the stories behind a page, too. Another super LO, Susi.
Sue x

Emy said...

Lovely page. I love the presents in the corner.

Katherine said...

Super story and a gorgeous page I love all those snowflakes....and dedication getting up at 7 to make muffins :)

Claire said...

Fab layout & love the story behind it.
C xx

Unknown said...

i love invitation designs and cooler,material are so good, its the amazing wedding invitation thanks for share....